The First Few Episodes
If you go back into the archives you’ll see there were a few different voices. Janet and Carol really helped me get this off the ground, and here we are. I cannot thank Janet, specifically, enough because she gave Carol and me the push to make this a reality. So what happened to them? We went separate ways. We still talk, they are not in my business anymore though, but it’s ok
2020 – What happened
I started to reach out to get guests on the show – I also hired on a VA to help me because I had no time
- Episode 42: 5 Tips on Reducing Overwhelm on Your Business
- Episode 44: 168 Hours in a Week – Use Them or Lose Them
- Episode 50: Time Management Writing Tips with Laura Briggs – The Freelance Writing Coach, Speaker, Author, and Content Writer
Between both of our efforts, we had guests lined up for the show. I automated my process by having a form sent to them. I also took a course about podcasting to see if I was on the right track because remember, this wasn’t the plan. I learned a lot and took it with me.
Still, keepin’ it real.
I appreciate all the comments I get about my authenticity. It honestly makes it so easy for me that you listeners do not want perfection. I am far from perfect, and my edits/lack of them will show it. I still edit the show myself (in the beginning I was way more detailed), but overtime, I learned that it doesn’t matter, you’re here for the content, not perfection.
Listeners still like ME!
As much as I love having guests on the show, I have to keep coming back to ME. I hear from listeners that you like the shows where I give value, so I promise to keep it coming.
Can’t set it and forget it!
I have to keep living my own advice. After I publish a show, I have to spread the word! My VA, Cheryl, shout out to her because she keeps my business together! She and her team keep it promoted and make the beautiful graphics and blog posts to go along with it. That’s another thing – the blog posts. Some people love blog posts because they are short on time or prefer to read. I get that because there are times that you can’t listen.
Was this a good decision?
- Audience Building – I gained SO many new writer connections, people have come into the FB group, and I have built the email list, BUT the number one thing is that people say the podcast has helped them. That’s my GOAL. I want to help through knowledge sharing and help you not waste time if this is something you want to pursue.
- Connections – I have met SO many awesome people from the show! As you see, I have guests, and a total og 46 to be exact! 46 new connections over the internet that I would have never met otherwise!
- Thought Leadership – I have also built up my though leadership on topics within the business of writing space.
- Confirming guests – sometimes I have it all set to go, and someone cancels. That’s always a bummer.
- The follow up – I also struggle with this when an episode goes live (hey Cheryl, this might be something I delegate next)
- The whole ordeal – the quiet room, moving my kids/dogs, setting up – The whole process can be a lot, but I have learned to batch it
- Topics – sometimes it hard to think of new ideas. So, please, let me know if you have questions. A lot of the upcoming episodes were built off of the savvy nurse writer questions
Plans for the Next 100 Episodes
- Keeping guests and solo episodes
- Focusing on a content strategy within the 3 pillars of my business Plan, Produce, and Profit
- Keep connecting with guests outside the nursing space.
- Incorporate clubhouse into the strategy (Somewhere)
- Expert guest workshops inside the membership and part of the talk over on the podcast
If you’re ready to start exploring if freelance writing is your next PRN job, or even full time, I invite you to download:
Love this episode? Spread the ❤️!
What Our Listeners Say
MORE EPISODES TO FUEL YOUR DAY!
In today’s episode, I want to share with you a review about a book that I find interesting and helpful to boost your entrepreneurial spirit, The Multi-Hyphen Life: Work Less, Create More, and Design a Life That Works for You.
Get new episodes delivered to your inbox!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Get in touch!
Connect with us and stay in the loop!