In today’s episode, we have Dan Janal. He is a person who works with leaders who want to elevate their reputations and set themselves apart from their competitors. As a book coach developmental editor and ghostwriter, he shapes stories and strategies that can transform a career or business.
Dan Janal is one of the Founding Fathers of Internet Marketing and Publicity, having written one of the first books on this subject back in 1994. He is an internationally-recognized speaker, Internet marketing consultant, and best-selling author.
As the Founder of PR Leads, PR Leads to Profits, and Guaranteed Company Press Releases, as well as being a distributor for MyEasyOnlineStore, he helps independent professionals and small businesses become thought leaders in their fields so they can get more business more easily. He also provides services such as strategic planning, coaching and provides affordable rates for publicity services including press release distribution services and media list services.
In addition to the books that he has written for clients, he authored 13 best-selling business books on Internet marketing and publicity, which have been translated into a total of 6 languages. As a result of his works, clients have often shared that they have had more focus, credibility, and more visibility. As well as more impact on their readers.
Listen to this episode if you want to get some ideas on how to find a book to write.
Dan tells us today about how to find a book to write and that you can write a book!
- He started in 1991 when desktop publishing was just starting.
- Dan believes that everyone has a story to write about. It may be about your experiences, your life, your profession, and something you’re passionate about.
- He noted that to start a book to write, you have to beat the mental barriers. There may be questions like- Why would I write a book? Am I worthy to write a book?
- He said that your experiences are going to help people by sharing your knowledge or wisdom and insights through writing a book.
- Talking from his experience, he shared that someone from India emailed him and thanked him for writing a book that is impactful and knowledgeable.
- In the journey of getting ideas on finding a book to write, he mentioned the importance of affirmations that you have to tell affirmations to yourself. Tell yourself that you can do it.
- Research about the thing you will write in order to have a good quality book.
- If writing gets overwhelming, you can have little notes (post-it notes) to organize your thoughts and to serve as a guide for what you will do next.
- Write stories!
- He uses Microsoft Word in writing. He said that he is not a very good typist so MS Word is very useful for him because it corrects his typo.
- He helps to write the business types of books and medical business books but not medical diagnostic or treatment books. His favorite book that he co-wrote was about Telemedicine with a doctor.
Some words of wisdom as you find a book to write:
Books are not written in order. If there is a chapter that is too difficult for you to write or you need more research in order to make it, skip that and move on to the easier one.
Your experiences are going to help people by sharing your knowledge or wisdom and insights through writing a book.
Where you can find him:
His book is also available at Amazon!
Like what you heard? Need more tips while you are finding a perfect book to write or advice on how to leverage your writing skills?
Listen to more of our episodes about writing!
Subscribe to the Savvy Scribe Podcast on your favorite podcast app, Apple, GooglePlay, Spotify, or simply the website.
If you’re ready to start exploring if freelance writing is your next PRN job, or even full time, I invite you to download:
Ready to take the 7 Day Nurse to Writer Challenge? Join us!
Also, check out The Savvy Scribe Collective on Facebook and the Savvy Scribe Growth Lab for Courses to help you get started today!