We have Lisa Newton today to talk about the importance of multiple streams of passive income and how to write a book and battle your knowledge into one source.
My guest, Lisa Newton, has a master’s degree in investment management and a first-class honor degree in accounting and marketing. She has written books that include: How To Write A Book In Two Weeks: (Or Less), Constant Cashflow, Make the Most of Your Money, How to Start Your Own Bookkeeping Business, and more.
She is the host of The Authors Podcast which I had the pleasure of being on. Her podcast gives some tips and inspires people into writing a book.
More about Lisa:
- She owns a bookkeeping service and a book publishing company. She helps other people turn their ideas into books.
- Marketing was quite natural and easy for her
- Over the years she realized that a lot of her knowledge she built over can be productized and that’s where she had her first book written. That’s how she came into book publishing.
Time is money. It’s important, especially when running a business so know not to put all your eggs in one basket.Lisa Newton
How to Earn a Passive Income
- Writing books can be another way to make a passive income. One can try to write a career guide book in what career they are into. How to get into it type of guide book. Write a book about what you specialize in.
- Start with what you know and then explore.
- She believes in multiple streams of passive income and owns as much of it as possible.
- She has turned the books she wrote into audiobooks and made courses out of the material as well.
- She shared that writing a book is one thing and for her, it’s just the beginning because the marketing of the book is an ongoing sort of process. Marketing is constant. It’s important to understand who you’re readers and where to find them.
- If you’re an innovator or a nurse who got some idea to solve a problem, then that is yours to write about. When you have a background whether it’s scientific or medical, people do take you more seriously. You have to take your qualification, your skills, your experience to your advantage particularly when it comes to creating passive incomes.
Some Tools and Tips from Lisa:
- Invest in a good laptop. It will help you work comfortably and confidently as you look or create different ways to earn a passive income.
- Some quiet time- spend time in a hotel lobby or a coffee shop
- She shared that in writing a book you have to think of chapter headings. Gable your thoughts into groups. Write it in post-it notes so you can move around.
“Sometimes a book can be bubbling around in your head for years but when you actually decide (to write), the process to get it out of paper and down could be a lot shorter than you might think.”Lisa newton
You can find and connect with Lisa Newton in:
Need more ideas to earn a passive income? Tune in to these episodes!
If you’re ready to start exploring if freelance writing is your next PRN job, or even full time, I invite you to download:
Ready to take the 7 Day Nurse to Writer Challenge? Join us!
Also, check out The Savvy Scribe Collective on Facebook and the Savvy Scribe Growth Lab for Courses to help you get started today!
For more podcast episodes, check us out at https://savvynursewriter.com/