Do you know what marketing frameworks are perfect for your writing business? Today, I’m with Evan Knox, the founder of Caffeine Marketing and a small business investor. He got into marketing because of his dad and grandfather, and then at some point, he wanted to use his marketing skills to help other business owners. That’s why he started Caffeine Marketing.
Fun fact: He thought of his brand name while drinking coffee! Imagine? Many business owners struggle to choose a business name but not for Evan.
So, what we’re going to talk about in today’s episode with Evan is marketing frameworks plus tips that will ultimately propel your nurse writing career.
Best Advice for Business Owners
- Every quarter you can look at all your expenses then go through them. Ask yourself if it helps grow your revenue or not. Ethan calls this the Trash and Trim method. This will help you get rid of expenses you no longer need, but if you still need it, maybe there is a better option out there. You can staple that into your Bench Accounting, an expense that you can justify because it saves you time.
- If you want something, remind yourself first of how much money you need for it. Is it worth it?
- Never stop learning, but at some point, you need to pick the information you really need.
3 Marketing Frameworks
We tend to over-complicate marketing that it becomes intimidating, so here are marketing frameworks you can use:
1. Brand Awareness – You need to make people aware that you exist, get in front of potential buyers or clients because if you don’t do that they won’t know how to buy your products or services.
2. Consideration – In this stage, you need a compelling message, and additionally, you need to continuously stay visible to people you want to reach. Often it takes time for people to internalize that you can solve the problem that they have.
3. Conversion – This is the last stage, where you need to make it as easy as possible for a client to acquire your products or services.
Evan acquired a new business and this is one of the best marketing frameworks he is currently using. A process of improving the marketing efforts of an organization in an effort to maximize the desired business outcomes. Marketing optimization is performed on each individual marketing tactic employed, as well as optimizing the fit of those tactics into the marketing strategy as a whole.
If you can optimize your body, nutrition, or sleep, then grab it so you can get yourself and your brain dialed in and you can perform more in a day.Evan Knox
Evan is licensed to use this marketing for client messaging, like websites or ads. The big theme inside a storied brand is, you don’t want to be the hero but the guide. It’s the role of the business owner or in this case, the nurse writers to play as a guide in the story to help people understand what problems you solve, how to make their life easier, and what’s the risk if they don’t work with you.
Tools Evan use in day to day:
Full Focus Planner – planner for bigger goals
Things 3 – a to-do list for everyday
Spark – email client
Whoop – a fitness app
If you’re looking for more downloadables and printables to make your life easier, check out our Digital Shop and grab your copies of helpful tools to run your work-life!
Which marketing frameworks do you want to use?
Connect with Evan:
If you’re ready to start exploring if freelance writing is your next PRN job, or even full time, I invite you to download:
Ready to take the 7 Day Nurse to Writer Challenge? Join us!
Also, check out The Savvy Scribe Collective on Facebook and the Savvy Scribe Growth Lab for Courses to help you get started today!