Today’s guest is Mal McCallion. If you are looking to have practical ways or to adapt tips for launching or growing your business, then this show is for you!
Mal has spent 30 years in high growth organizations becoming increasingly obsessed with the elements of the business that make some CME’s succeed where others fail.
He was part of teams that launched Zoopla and Prime Location which is a reality website in the UK. With the experience of growing these businesses to multimillion plus valuations in 2015, he set up Growtion that helps CME’s shortcut those many issues that they typically face.
Using a strong face of activities around product marketing and sales. Growtion has helped startups and scale-ups execute their way to success and today he shares that whole growth strategy with us.
Mal’s Words of Wisdom for Growing Your Business
- Get and understand what you are selling.
- A product concept is about why are you solving a problem.
- What you do is who you are. This is what you are here to do.
- What is unique about you that makes you. You absolutely have to sort this out. When you start to articulate that then that’s when you start pretty much everything else.
- Identify your niche. Know who you want to serve and make your product fit for them. As long as you know your niche very deeply then, so many decisions that you make further down the line are going to be so much easier.
- Know where your audience hangs out on social media and make your messaging consistent.
Mal also shared with us his favorite tool for productivity and organizing his work-life routine – Notion!
Notion is like a next generation product that allows you to construct things the way you like it or if you want to get organized.
And his best advice for setting up or growing your business:
If you’re setting up or growing your business, understand why you’re solving this problem.Mal McCallion
Understand why you’re doing what you’re doing because it’s the thing that you do every day that gets you out of bed in the morning. You may have challenges in business but if you know your why and have the drive, and you know that it is important to you, then you can overcome it.
Other brands mentioned in the show that you can check out:
Zillow – https://www.zillow.com/
Realty.com – https://www.realty.com/
If you’re ready to start exploring if freelance writing is your next PRN job, or even full time, I invite you to download:
Ready to take the 7 Day Nurse to Writer Challenge? Join us!
Also, check out The Savvy Scribe Collective on Facebook and the Savvy Scribe Growth Lab for Courses to help you get started today!