In today’s episode, let’s talk about keyword research and ways to use it for your SEO strategies. I will share with you why search engine optimization or SEO is important and how you can apply it as a writer.
Must-Haves for Your SEO Strategies
- Go to NeilPatel.Com and put in a website and it does a domain overview- everything under your website.
- When you scroll down, it says SEO keyword ranking and it starts to show what you’re ranking for.
- Top SEO Pages – It also does the titles of different blogs or podcasts if that is really showing up.
- It helps you with some keywords.
- Top Traffic Pages – what pages are bringing the most traffic to my website.
- SEO Keywords – it pulls all of these keywords off of my website and analyzes these. These are some analytics that you can start doing for your website to see if you are ranking and you can also use this for your clients.
- Keywords (a little tab on the left on this Uber suggest) – you can start adding keywords here.
- SEO Difficulty – the estimated competition organic research, the higher the number the more competitive. When you are searching keywords you want that SEO difficulty number to below so you are getting ranked for that keyword.
Yoast is a WordPress plug-in that makes it easy for your site to meet the highest technical SEO standards. A tool that you can use when you write a blog post. It is like a traffic system – Red means got a lot of work to do, Yellow – getting there, Green – good and publishing that. There is a free and paid option to choose from.
- When you go to google and search something it gives you a preview text and that is the meta description. In there you want to include a keyword for whatever you’re writing about.
- Make your blog post about 600 to a thousand words.
When you write stuff be mindful of keywords. Include them in an H1, H2 heading when you start to write because that will rank it as well but don’t stuff it with keywords.
Learning SEO strategies is such a skill that you really want to start developing because you can really add value to your work which people will want and buy because you have the skill.
It takes time to get rankings for your content because people have had stuff that’s called evergreen that can be used over and over and it is not timely. You may never make it to number one on google but you can make it pretty close.
If you’re ready to start exploring if freelance writing is your next PRN job, or even full time, I invite you to download:
Ready to take the 7 Day Nurse to Writer Challenge? Join us!
Also, check out The Savvy Scribe Collective on Facebook and the Savvy Scribe Growth Lab for Courses to help you get started today! Connect with me on social media!