I am so delighted to have Debra Eckerling today to talk about setting, planning, and achieving your goals.
Debra is the author of Your Goal Guide: A Roadmap for Setting, Planning, and Achieving Your Goals. She is also the Founder of The Deb Method which stands for Determine Your Mission, Explore Your Options, Brainstorm Your Path. These are the three phases that anyone needs to go through to figure out what they want to happen.
Deb is a Communication Specialist and a Project Catalyst who works with individuals and businesses to set goals and manage their projects through one-on-one coaching, workshops, and online support. She also the Founder of Write On Online, a website and a community for writers, creatives, and entrepreneurs. She is the host of Goal Twitter Chat on Sundays as well as the Goal Chat Live on Mondays.
The first person who needs to give you permission to live your dreams is yourself.Deb Eckerling
How Can Nurse Writers Apply The Deb Method
- Determine your mission. Know who you are, what you want, and why you want it.
2. Explore your options. There are so many ways to express yourself. So, you have to see different options to hone in on the ways to keep your mission.
3. Brainstorm your path. Set aside a time to reflect or answer questions like “what am I going to create?” or “what is my side business look like?”
These pieces of advice will help you narrow down your goals and where your destination would be.
More Pieces of Advice in Achieving Your Goals
- Should you set a deadline or timeline to get to that destination?
- Is it better to have a longer or shorter time in setting goals?
Her advice is to make a list of everything you need to do to accomplish your goals.
If you’re ready to start exploring if freelance writing is your next PRN job, or even full time, I invite you to download:
Ready to take the 7 Day Nurse to Writer Challenge? Join us!
Also, check out The Savvy Scribe Collective on Facebook and the Savvy Scribe Growth Lab for Courses to help you get started today!