Hello fellow freelancers,
Wow! October is over! Gahh!! Where does the time go? I don’t know about you, but 2017 was a blink.
This October we celebrated:
1 year in our home
And our youngest turning 5
And our oldest half-way to 13!
…WHAT?! I cannot be that old to have a teenager!
We had some events in the Kelbach house that deterred me from working. My youngest had oral surgery and broke his finger in the same week. I also had an in-office surgery I had done.
That being said, I didn’t pitch enough to new clients, but I did work a lot on my business.
Recap of October!
My Wins this October!
- An amazing meeting with Vicky Warren and Carol Bush about starting up a Mastermind Group. We will be starting this next month on a beta level, then opening it up to members and nonmembers of the Healthcare Writers Network. free Facebook Group>
- I came up with a title for my book: EntrepreNurse – 30+ Nurses turn into business owners and share their secrets to success
- A meeting with the Healthcare Marketing Network Team that was also amazing. We accomplished a lot and came up with a lot of new ideas.
- I gained a coaching client named Melissa Mills ← Check her out! She’s incredible! I love her motivation and drive to grow her business!
- I started a research study through the Research Team at work (so that’s nerdy and cool)
- I only have 3 more jobs to edit for my book!
- I created a new opt-in for my email list and gained some new subscribers If you haven’t received your Business Clarity Workbook click the link below: Business Clarity Workbook
- I planned my ideal week as mentioned on a podcast I love. This was tough with working, kids, and a side hustle, but I can see how it can really help me!
- I planned my entire 2018 blog editorial calendar
- I planned my 2018 WriteRN Goals
- I bought a new planner and mind mapped my goals for WriteRN
- I gained 2 new clients
Why share bad times?
*|FNAME|*, I do a lot of blogging, and believe it or not, these income reports give the most traffic. I believe it is because people are curious, and people want to know if they can do it. Let me tell you, *|FNAME|*, if I can you can!
- My income this month is the lowest since the beginning of 2017. It’s ok to have struggles sometimes though, it let me work on the business, which I have been ignoring.
- The case management VA clients’ needs changed at this time, which means I don’t gain that job. I changed it to be a good thing because I focused on my business.
I was asked this month to really share the MONEY side of WriteRN, and you know what…I was scared. I don’t know why, maybe because we are told to keep our salaries secret in the nursing industry, even from each other. Maybe it was because I don’t feel like I should earn money for being at home with my boys…either way…It is motivating, so you know what….here it is!
October Write RN Income
- Coaching clients – $60
- Client #1 – $750
- Client #2 – $500
- Client #3 – $46
- Client #4 – $125
- *NEW* Client #5- Finishing the last article then will invoice $330 (not added in total)
- *NEW* Client #6 – $100
Total – $1581 ← I didn’t hit my target, but that is OK!
I want to be there for you to ask me any questions! Please reply or shoot an email to me: email@example.com.
Get more details on what all the coaching packages I have to offer HERE.
My ultimate goal is to help you take your freelance writing business to the next level!
Until Next Time….
Janine Kelbach, RNC-OB
Owner, WriteRN Writing Services
Awarded “2016 International Worldwide Healthcare Provider”
Phone: (440) 749-4851
My Portfolio: https://janinekelbach.contently.com/